Embark on an adventure in the caves and craters around Mount Etna
Explore the volcano's lava tunnels and topographic marvels, and sample sweet local treats.
Set off on a guided excursion through the caves, craters, and trails surrounding Sicily's Mount Etna. Learn the history and the legends surrounding the majestic volcano from a professional volcanologist, and journey through the mountain's remarkable landmarks, such as the ancient Valle de Bove caldera. Leave the trail and cross solidified lava flows and the mountain's breathtaking bottoniera craters. You and your fellow adventurers will don helmets, ropes, and flashlights to venture into a lava flow tunnel to learn about its mineral composition, then savour a tasting of local limoncello and almond candies in a cozy grotto. Exclusively for Mastercard cardholders.
Exploring an ancient volcano in Sicily with your favourite friends.
- Take a guided tour of Mount Etna
- Traverse lava flows and spelunk in lava tunnels
- Taste limoncello and sweets
- Experience must be booked at least 7 days in advance
- Price listed is a flat rate for 1 group
- Experience is valid for 2 to 6 guests
- Price includes private transfer to and from any hotel in the areas surrounding Catania and Taormina
- Experience provided in English and Italian
- Will be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date and time, based on partner's availability
- This experience is non-refundable after scheduling is complete