Priceless Cities Privacy Notice
Effective Date: 1/1/21
Mastercard International Inc., and its affiliates (collectively, “Mastercard”) respect your privacy.
This Privacy Notice applies to our privacy practices pertaining to Personal Information collected in the context of Priceless Cities. This Privacy Notice does not cover the collection and use of your Personal Information by Mastercard in the context of other programs, by third parties on other Mastercard branded websites, by your Mastercard Card issuers (e.g., your bank), or any other information or communications that may reference Mastercard outside of Priceless Cities.
This Privacy Notice describes the types of Personal Information we collect in connection with Priceless Cities, the purposes for which we collect that Personal Information, the other parties with whom we may share it, including merchants that provide Offers, and the measures we take to protect the security of the data. It also tells you about your rights and choices with respect to your Personal Information, and how you can reach us to update your contact information or get answers to questions you may have about our privacy practices.
“Personal Information” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable individual. We may collect the following categories of Personal Information:
- Registration information and contact details.
- Your payment information, such as your credit or debit card number (the 16 digit payment card number).
- Any other content or information you provide in connection with the Priceless Cities.
- Information related to your use of Priceless Cities collected via cookies and other similar technologies.
We May Use Your Personal Information to:
- Communicate with you.
- Provide, improve, and develop Priceless Cities.
- Ensure safety and security.
- Send you marketing materials.
- Provide you with personalized services and recommendations.
- Serve other purposes for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection, and as otherwise authorized or required by law.
- Generate anonymized and aggregated data to prepare insights to advise Mastercard’s customers and partners regarding spending patterns, fraud and other trends.
- Learn more about you, including your preferences or other characteristics. We treat these inferences as Personal Information where required under applicable law.
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business, including anonymization and analytics.
- Perform data analysis.
- Serve other purposes for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
Where required under applicable law, we will only use your Personal Information with your consent; as necessary to provide you with products and services; to comply with a legal obligation; or when there is a legitimate and overriding interest that necessitates the use.
We May Share Personal Information with:
- Mastercard’s headquarters in the U.S., our affiliates and other entities within Mastercard’s group of companies.
- Service providers acting on our behalf.
- Other participants in the payment ecosystem, including financial institutions, and merchants.
- Third parties for fraud monitoring and prevention purposes, or other purposes required by law.
- Third parties whose feature you use in connection with our products and services or with your consent.
- Other entities as required under applicable law or in the event of a sale or transfer of our business or assets.
Depending on your country, you may have the right or choice to:
- Access your Personal Information, rectify it, restrict or object to its processing, or request its deletion or anonymization.
- Receive the Personal Information you provided to us to transmit it to another company.
- Withdraw any consent provided.
- Where applicable, lodge a complaint with your supervisory authority.
You can exercise your rights on Mastercard’s “My Data Center” portal. You may also submit a request as described in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
Mastercard is a global business. We may transfer your Personal Information to the United States and other countries which may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you initially provided the information, but we will protect your Personal Information in accordance with this Privacy Notice, or as otherwise disclosed to you.
If you are located in the EEA, we will process your Personal Information in accordance with our Binding Corporate Rules and other data transfer mechanisms.
We maintain appropriate security safeguards to protect your Personal Information and only retain it for a limited period of time.
Our websites may include links to other third-party websites, social media tools, widgets or plug-ins, permitting sharing web content including IP address, with third parties and social media providers. These social media providers may learn of your visit even if you are not logged in to your social media account or if you do not have an account with them. To the extent any linked websites or features you visit or use are not owned or controlled by Mastercard, we suggest that you review their own privacy notices or policies.
This Privacy Notice may be updated periodically to reflect changes in our privacy practices.
You can e-mail us, and our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are located in the EEA or Switzerland, Mastercard Europe SA is the data controller and you may submit your request to exercise your rights to your Personal Information on Mastercard’s “My Data Center” portal.