See how an Italian puppet sculptor brings his characters to life
Discover Palermo’s artisan puppeteering heritage and a master’s techniques, then tour a famous puppet theatre over videoMore...
Follow "Italian Excellence" and begin a virtual journey to discover the secrets behind ancient crafts. The second episode is about Francesco Scherma, a Puppet sculptor and artisan. He will welcome you to his workshop in Palermo where you will discover all about his technique and the materials he uses to bring his characters to life, especially his woodworking skills and chiseling of brass sheets. You'll see the Teatro dell'Opera come alive with Francesco's puppets, as they passionately reenact traditional stories. Exclusively for Mastercard cardholders.
Gaining insight into Italian puppeteering culture and history and appreciating the intricate art that goes into it.
- A virtual journey to discover all about Palermo's puppeteering heritage told first hand by a master artisan.
- Learn all the secrets of the fascinating art of sculpting Puppets.
- A virtual tour of the sculptor's workshop in the historic Palazzo Pantelleria and the Teatro Argento, home to the Puppet Opera, near Palermo's Cathedral.
- The experience is reserved for Mastercard cardholders.
- The experience is free of charge and includes a 5 min (approx.) video. The video is in Italian with English subtitles.
- The video will be available on Mastercard's YouTube channel.
- Please click on "Book here" to view the video on YouTube.
- Any non-personal use is prohibited, as are sharing, publishing on any medium, or forwarding in any form including digital (eg, by e-mail). In any case, any use, distribution, modification and/or resale of the videos for direct and/or indirect commercial and/or promotional purposes is prohibited.