Olgianna Melissinos Sandals
Dive into the history and craft of Greek sandals with an expert artisan
Tour Olgianna Melissinos’ famous Monastiraki workshop from home to see her process and hear about her famous clientsMore...
Discover the history and craft of Greek sandal-making in this downloadable video tour of Olgianna Melissinos Sandals in Athens. Join Olgianna Melissinos at her Monastiraki workshop, which was founded by her father, the poet Stavros Melissinos. Follow along as she details the evolution of Greek sandals—from their start in ancient mythology clothing the feet of Hermes and Nike to their modern-day status as a must-have fashion accessory. Watch Melissinos as she demonstrates the sandal-making process and talks about the shop's famous clients, including the Beatles and Anthony Quinn. Exclusively for Mastercard cardholders.
Exploring the Greek tradition of sandal-making from your computer with your favourite footwear enthusiast.
- Download a virtual tour of Olgianna Melissinos Sandals
- Learn about the role of handmade sandals in Greek mythology
- Understand how sandals are crafted
- Priceless experiences are reserved for Mastercard cardholders
- Experience is valid until 31 December 2025
- This experience will be delivered as a prerecorded video
- Download instructions will be provided in your order confirmation email
- The video is available in Greek with English subtitles