Participate in one of Trancoso's traditions with a local artist
Discover the sacred art of pole painting with a casual coffee break from Bahia
Take part in a treasured tradition in the Brazilian beach town of Trancoso with an intimate workshop led by a local artist. The sacred poles of Trancoso, representing the connection between heaven and earth, are the centerpiece of the town's celebrations of Saint Sebastian and Saint Blaise. You and your friends will be working directly with Valquito Lima, who has painted the sacred poles of Trancoso for nearly two decades after learning the art from his grandfather. Learn the history and techniques behind creating the poles, leaving the class with a profound connection to the local culture, as well as a piece created by the artist. Exclusively for Mastercard Black cardholders.
Working with an artist to uncover a unique art form that's been passed down between generations.
- Hear about the history of Trancoso's poles
- Take home a signed, exclusive piece made by Valquito Lima
- Enjoy a Bahia-style coffee break in Lima's studio
- Exclusive to World Elite™ Mastercard® and Mastercard Black™
- Experience is available on January 2, January 10, and January 24, 2020, from 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Experience will take place at Casa Mastercard
- Maximum of 20 people per experience and limit of 4 guests per cardholder
- This experience is non-refundable upon purchase, unless otherwise noted
Mastercard Priceless Trancoso apresenta: Valquito - Aprenda a arte dos mastros sagrados de Trancoso