Transport yourself to Australian Open 2021 with the new ‘MastercardVirtualFan’ Instagram filter
Search Instagram for the Mastercard Virtual Fan filter and be seen in the crowds at Australian Open 2021.
Can’t get to the Australian Open as much as you’d like this year? No problem. Because now you can ‘Open the Open’ from the comfort of your own couch, by becoming a Mastercard Virtual Fan.
Here’s how to use our Instagram filter and share your video with the world. If selected, your face will be displayed on the head of a Virtual Fan. You never know, you might just be seen on TV!
- Open your Instagram (make sure your account is set to public)
- Search for ‘mastercardau’
- Tap the smiley face tab (3rd one across, just above the photos)
- Select the effect & tap the down arrow to save to camera
- Follow the instructions and record a video (remember to cheer at the end)
- Share your video, with @mastercardau and #OpenTheOpen
- Check your inbox for a DM from @mastercardau to see if your video has been chosen
Meet our Virtual Fans, three life-sized humanoids here to bring you the best of the tennis. Fan-Bot, Togi-Bot and Opti-Bot are on ground at Melbourne Park – you can spot them in our Priceless.com livestreams throughout the tournament and even in stadium . And best of all, use the MastercardVirtualFan filter on Instagram for your chance to feature on-screen!
Our red bot represents Fandom, and the Passion that Mastercard celebrates. Helping people get closer to the things they love, which you’ll see in the energy of the fans we connect with. the tennis.
Our yellow bot signifies Optimism, exhibiting confidence and positivity and never letting adversity get in the way of innovation.
Our orange bot embodies Togetherness, unifying and connecting us all (virtually) in solidarity, even when we’re physically apart.
All three together, champion the brand platform to Start Something Priceless, Mastercard’s efforts to connect and make the world a better place.