OMG Baked Goodness
Whip up a maple syrup butter tart with OMG Baked Goodness
Follow along with the owner of the Toronto sweet and savoury bakeshop in a virtual class on preparing this favourite Canadian dessert
Make your own Canadian maple butter tart with Lesley Mattina from Toronto's OMG Baked Goodness in this virtual baking class. You'll learn how to prepare the perfect crust from scratch, using flour, butter, water, and salt, and create the most lucious filling using Canadian maple syrup, eggs, brown sugar, cream, melted butter, and more. Finally, you'll bake your tart until it reaches an irresistible consistency, just in time to savour it with your loved ones after it cools. Exclusively for Mastercard cardholders.
Discovering your new favourite recipe to share with friends and family
- Take a virtual baking class with Lesley Mattina from OMG Baked Goodness
- Add a new Canadian recipe to your baking repertoire
- Experience is available at no cost to registered Mastercard cardholders.
- This experience will be delivered as a pre-recorded video and is available for digital download through December 31, 2022
- Video is available in English and is 17 minutes long
- Ingredients needed: Crust: 600 g all-purpose flour, 200 g unsalted butter cut into small cubes, 190 g ice-cold water, pinch of salt; Filling: 10 large eggs, 750 g dark brown sugar, 115 g of heavy whipping cream (35% fat), 225 g melted butter, 325 g maple syrup, sprinkles of kosher salt, white vinegar, and vanilla extract
- At-home tools needed: large mixing bowl, plastic wrap, rolling pin, cutting board, pie tin, parchment paper, dry rice or beans (to keep pie crust shape), whisk