Asociación de Amigos de la Real Academia de Gastro
Flex your culinary skills with master cheesemaker Martín Afinador
Dive into the world of different Spanish cheeses and make your own mouthwatering creations
Watch as master cheesemaker Martín Afinador demonstrates how to turn Spanish cheeses into delicious dishes, including creamy rice with Mahón reserve or aged Manchego, vegetables au gratin with San Simón da Costa cheese, and several varieties of grilled cheese with cane honey. Designed in collaboration with the Association of Friends of the Royal Academy of Gastronomy, this virtual masterclass will transport you to the kitchen of QAVA restaurant, where Afinador will also share his knowledge about cheese maturation. Exclusively for Mastercard cardholders.
Raising your cheese game from home with a recognised master cheesemaker.
- Uncover the secrets of great Spanish cheeses with Martín Afinador
- Learn to prepare cheese-inspired creamy rice, vegetables au gratin, and grilled cheese creations
- Follow step-by-step recipes in your kitchen
- Experience is valid until 1 June 2022
- Experience provided in Spanish with English subtitles
- Experience does not require extensive cooking knowledge
- Ingredients for each dish are as follows:
— Creamy rice with Mahón reserva or Manchego aged: 200 gr. round rice, 1 clove garlic, ¼ medium onion, 1 carrot, 50 gr. mushroom, 50 gr. butter, 50 gr. grated aged cheese, 2 tablespoons olive oil, 700 ml. meat stock, chopped fresh parsley, and salt and pepper to taste.
— Vegetables au gratin with San Simón da Costa cheese: 2-4 slices San Simón da Costa cheese (100 gr.), 2 large carrots, 1 medium zucchini, 1 medium aubergine, 2 medium potatoes, 1 medium purple onion, 1 broccoli (200 gr.), 2 tablespoons olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste.
— Grilled cheese with cane honey: 4 slices soft cheese of 125/150 gr. (fresh Canarian or Murcian goat cheese), Canarian cane honey or soft liquid honey, anchovies, jam, sprouts, olive oil, PX vinegar, and Dijon mustard.