Take part in a traditional Japanese tea ceremony at Cha-An
Learn to make Japanese sweets, sip tea, and savor a light lunch at this charming teahouse.
Participate in something uniquely beautiful with a traditional Japanese tea ceremony at Cha-An, a serene teahouse in the East Village. You'll start with a lesson in making the Japanese sweets called wagashi. After the lesson, you'll savor your creations during the tea ceremony that follows, which includes a light lunch of Japanese delicacies. Feel the stress leave your body as you meditate on tatami mats while enjoying hand-whisked matcha prepared by your kimono-clad sensei. Exclusively for Mastercard cardholders.
Finding tranquility amid the buzz of NYC during a Japanese tea ceremony.
- Attend a wagashi-making lesson not offered to the public
- Participate in a traditional Japanese tea ceremony
- Savor a light Japanese lunch
- Experience must be booked at least 2 weeks in advance
- Experience is valid for a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 6 people
- Price listed is for US$195 per person
- Price is inclusive of gratuity
- Experience provided in English (US)
- Will be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date and time, based on partner's availability
- This experience is non-refundable after scheduling is complete