Give the gift of experiences this holiday season
As 2020 comes to a close, Mastercard's digital experiences offer a way for families and friends to reconnect and bond — and make for great gift ideas, too. Inspired by experts and institutions from around the world, this unique collection of free online activities across a variety of categories is perfect for creating those cherished, shared moments.
While the holidays will unquestionably be different this year, finding ways to spread festive cheer and stay connected with our loved ones remains at the top of the list. Thankfully, the activities we can access online offer extraordinary ways to transport ourselves into new environments, explore our passions, and perhaps discover or learn something new.
Mastercard has curated an extensive international collection of complimentary digital experiences that cover a variety of passions, including food, photography, travel, dance, and yoga. Giving the gift of an online experience lets family and friends reconnect over shared passions and create cherished memories when getting out and about may not be that easy to do.
Whether they're looking to unleash their cooking skills, spend quality time with their kids, or add a spark of culture and creativity to their lives, cardholders will find something special among the countless options, featuring top influencers, chefs, and artists from around the world. Below are some of our favorite free virtual events for inspiring loved ones and sprinkling fun, festive magic on the holiday season.
Culinary and Cocktails
• Make a sweet family treat at home with New York City's beloved Dough Doughnuts. Get more inspired recipes from star chefs and culinary organizations from around the world, including France's Le Fooding, international celebrity chef Marcus Samuelsson, and more!
Activities for Kids
• Embark on thrilling Pirate Adventures with the Miami Children's Museum that involve everything from songs to science experiments.
• Learn to recreate amazing magic tricks with lessons from French magician Johann Bayle.
• Develop your children's love of pirouettes and pliés with New York's Joffrey Ballet's Joffrey Academy of Dance.
Photography, Art, and Design
• Awaken your inner painter through digital coloring books. Learn about New Zealand's native animals and plants with Jenny Haslimeier, or explore Croatian artist Mirna Sišul's signature cheerful style.
• Take advantage of talks with artists. Explore Munich's street art with celebrated German graffiti artist Loomit. Hear National Geographic nature photographer Matthias Klum walk you through his exhibition Our Time on Earth at Fotografiska in Stockholm.
• Visit Madrid's prestigious art collections at the Thyssen Museum on a virtual tour.
Self-Care and Wellness
• Practice breathing and concentration techniques with experts from Chile's Sadhana Yoga.
• Join mindfulness expert Mena Calvert for a meditation series to strengthen your body, mind, and soul.
Travel, Culture, and Entertainment
• Missing travel this winter? Explore the rich history of the Croatian Adriatic through a video series featuring unique destinations in San Rocco, Saint Nikola Island, Zadar and Šolta, and learn a few authentic recipes too.
• Discover the history of the tango as 21 stage artists recreate the evolution of the Argentine dance onstage at Buenos Aires's legendary Café de los Angelitos.
• Go behind the scenes at Cirque du Soleil for its newest show, Messi10, inspired by the Argentine football sensation.