The Joffrey Ballet
Peek behind the scenes at The Joffrey Ballet
Virtually meet members of The Joffrey Ballet, one of the world’s premier dance companies.
Mastercard has partnered with The Joffrey Ballet to bring you behind the scenes at The Joffrey Ballet digital experiences! Our series will showcase members of The Joffrey Ballet team so you can meet the people behind the magic at one of the world’s premier dance companies. Upcoming articles and videos will include:
Relax with movie & music recommendations from The Joffrey Ballet company dancers: Meet Joffrey Ballet artists, Jeraldine Mendoza and Dylan Gutierrez. Jeraldine and Dylan will give you the inside scoop on the music that inspires them before a big performance and the shows they watch to wind down and relax offstage.
Stay on pointe with fitness tips from The Joffrey Ballet company: Meet six Joffrey Ballet artists, and learn about their favorite ways to stay fit and healthy.
- Catch an interview with The Joffrey Ballet's esteemed music director: Learn what it takes to conduct for the ballet with The Joffrey Ballet Music Director, Scott Speck. As the only person in the theater with a perfect view of the stage, the orchestra, and the audience, Scott shares his unique perspective on the artistry and music of the ballet.
- Workout with a Joffrey Ballet company artist: Join Joffrey Ballet artist, Derrick Agnoletti, for a workout featuring exercises that keep The Joffrey Ballet artists in top shape during the ballet season.
- Children’s movement class: Join the Joffrey Academy of Dance’s Children’s Division Liaison, Trish Strong, for a family-friendly movement class. This class is designed to introduce your little ones to ballet and get them excited about dance!
Interview with The Joffrey Ballet Rehearsal Director: Meet The Joffrey Ballet Rehearsal Director, Suzanne Lopez, and learn about all the dedication, practice, and preparation that goes into each production at The Joffrey Ballet.
- Interview with The Joffrey Ballet Artistic Director: Meet Ashley Wheater, The Joffrey Ballet Artistic Director, and the visionary responsible for planning The Joffrey Ballet’s incredible productions. Ashley will tell you all about how he plans a season, his creative arc, and the thought process behind planning The Joffrey Ballet’s 2019-2020 season.
Experiences designed exclusively for Mastercard cardholders
Downloadable videos and articles will launch beginning June 2020
Children’s movement class suitable for ages 4 to 10
Experiences offered in English
- Exclusive to Mastercard cardholders