Polynesian Cultural Center
Go on a private Polynesian canoe adventure and learn to make poi
Join experts at the Polynesian Cultural Center for a before-hours lagoon trip and learn about taro roots
Connect with local traditions while immersing yourself in Hawaii's natural beauty with a private canoeing tour and poi-making lesson at the Polynesian Cultural Center. The day begins with a traditional lei greeting before you embark on a canoe tour with a master navigator in our freshwater lagoon. You’ll land in front of the hand-carved voyaging canoe Iosepa to explore and tour. Next, youʻll stop for an interactive lesson in the kalo patch and learn how to make traditional poi. Finally, you'll paddle past the other villages within the center and learn their history. Exclusively for Mastercard cardholders.
Exploring Hawaiian culture and cuisine with your family on a Polynesian canoeing adventure and poi-pounding lesson.
- Explore the Hawaiian Village at the Polynesian Cultural Center before it opens to the public
- Learn about traditional navigation as you're paddled through a lagoon in canoe
- Get your hands dirty as you learn about taro and create traditional poi
- Experience must be booked at least 3 days in advance
- Price listed is for US$98 per person
- Experience is valid for 2 to 10 guests
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Will be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date and time, based on partner's availability
- This experience is non-refundable after scheduling is complete