Immerse yourself in Harlem’s musical history with an expert guide, private performance, and dinner from The Cecil Steakhouse
Minton's Playhouse and The Cecil Steakhouse
Tour the birthplace of jazz with a historian and take in a private performance with dinner
Jazz aficionados will delight in an evening steeped in the history of legendary musicians and iconic locations. Meet at Minton’s at the Cecil Hotel, known as the birthplace of jazz’s precursor, Bebop. Frequented by greats like Dizzy Gillespie, Ella Fitzgerald, and Duke Ellington, you’ll be greeted by the owner Raphael Benavides with champagne before embarking on a tour of Harlem with a jazz historian. On the hour-long tour, your guide will talk about the historic buildings and venues that shaped both jazz music and Harlem’s culture. After, and with a new appreciation of the rich history of the area, you’ll return to Minton’s for a tour of the building and backstage areas before a private jazz performance and steak dinner at legendary The Cecil Steakhouse. Take home a gift bag commemorating your experience and Minton’s 80th anniversary. Exclusively for Mastercard cardholders.
Feeling history come to life as you walk the same streets and stages as musical icons.
- Meet at Minton’s Playhouse at the Cecil Hotel for a champagne reception with the owner
- Take a walking tour of Harlem with a jazz historian and professor Phil Schaap
- Return to Milton’s to tour areas closed to the public
- Enjoy a private jazz performance from the Minton’s Collective Band
- Have dinner during the show provided by Cecil’s Steakhouse restaurant
- Take home a gift bag containing a limited-edition bottle of Johnnie Walker Blue commemorating Minton’s 80th anniversary
- Available at 6pm on September 29th
- Price listed is for 1 person